Friday, December 19, 2014

Time to say goodbye!

I will never understand why humans like to do this to us!  But I tip my hat to all of you that gave me this GREAT life!

Hi...
This being my final blog...it will get a little long, but bear with me please...I have a lot to say.

It's been said life is a journey - but maybe it's many small journeys...at least until you find that 'forever journey' where you can learn to let go, trust, love, and feel like this is where you were meant to be - part of a family that will return that unconditional love and care for you for the rest of your life!

Because of all of you that followed me, took care of me, and donated to my surgeries - the news is excellent!  I am feeling good, running around like a normal 1.9 year old puppy should, and I am beginning my forever journey with my FOREVER family!!!

On December 22, I am moving to my forever home just in time for Christmas!  This date is very special to me.  I started my healing journey on April 22 when my foster family took me in for my first ACL surgery.  Eight months later - to the day - I am going 'home'.

This healing journey has been very bittersweet as I say my goodbyes.  I want to thank DFW Labrador Retriever Rescue and YOU for all the love and support given to me on this part of my life's journey.  I would not be here without you.  I am now a lab with a warm loving home and family - and I even heard a rumor that we have a lake house and a boat...does it get any better?  Well, the 'family' is DEFINITELY the best part for sure - the rest is extra fun.  I also hear that I have a cat for a new best furry friend, so I will have to get back to you on that one. ;)

I leave many special memories and people behind, but not forgotten - that I promise you.  I will send you all messages from time to time  so you can continue to know how much I love you all - and what a wonderful life YOU made possible.  Be sure to watch for me on the DFWLRR Facebook page.

My wish is that every Lab that needs help will be lucky enough to find their way to DFWLRR and you will all continue to support, care for, and most of all love them.  You are AWESOME!!!

Merry Christmas indeed!!
Love always,
Gilbert


1 comment: